POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Starship WIP : Re: Starship WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starship WIP
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 13 Jun 2007 12:45:02
Message: <web.46701e5132b4bd6f1009749b0@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Yes, I think some larger details would be very helpful, like a large
> observation deck or some wing-like things, maybe some turrets or
> observation domes.  It'd difficult right now to see the actual structure of
> the ship. Once the eye figures it out, it is an interesting design, but I
> think you might use some colored lights inside the hangars to help
> distinguish the different section at the fore of the ship.  I think it
> needs some mssive, glowing engines of some sort.
>
> As far as the texture, I think the problem is that all of the greebles are
> about the same size.  Try adding some much larger variations.  Perhaps you
> shoud add some more variations in the hull of the ship itself, perhaps some
> ridges or troughs along the suface.
>
> This is your imagination coming to life of course, so do as you please, but
> these are my suggestions to improve the image.

Thanks!  I'll keep working on it and try to add some of the features you
mentioned.  So far I've mostly been working on some details that weren't
quite right in the first one.  Here's my latest, though it looks a bit dark
on the current monitor I'm looking at (not the one I renderd it with).

Mike S.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'starship1.jpg' (99 KB)