POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : HDRI LightDome system : Re: HDRI LightDome system Server Time
1 Sep 2024 10:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI LightDome system
From: Jaap
Date: 12 Jun 2007 13:45:02
Message: <web.466eda4cc39cf2a1a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
> Thanks, I have it now. If I use the web view, it doesn't work. I think I've
> had that problem before with other files.

If a file is larger than zero bytes, but still seems invalid, the most
likely thing is that there was some error message, and instead of showing
the error page, your browser saved the error message as the file.

What I often do: try renaming the extension of the "broken" file to .html
and open it to see what the error was.

this can also happen if the link is to a webpage that should automatically
redirect to the file, but something doesn't work right, and you end up with
the redirect page, instead of the file.

jaap