POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study for athmospheres (WIP) : Re: Study for athmospheres (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study for athmospheres (WIP)
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 11 Jun 2007 04:45:01
Message: <web.466d0ae043579e8de8ba46670@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote in message
> > the colors I get are OK and quite realistic: the blue of the sky is
> > obtained by Rayleigh scattering and a density function for the atmosphere,
>
> i'm curious .... what color blue are you using? not pure blue? i'm playing
> with a tweeked skyblue from kolors.inc

Depending on the effect I want it may be from <0.1, 0.2, 1> to <0.4, 0.6, 1>
or so (normalized afterwards). I first tweak the atmosphere, more sensitive
for low elevations where the blue component is more scattered by the
thickness of the media, leading to reddening sky), then I tweak the clouds
density function and the light power.

Here is another try with 2 layers. But I am absolutely not satisfied:
turbulence and thresholds not very good.

    Bruno

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sunset_4.png' (215 KB)