POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YACGSE (yet another cgsphere entry) : Re: YACGSE (yet another cgsphere entry) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YACGSE (yet another cgsphere entry)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 7 Jun 2007 17:10:02
Message: <web.4668735ae82172a47e595fbb0@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:
> The level of detail on both the sphere and the "little person" (is that
> Aiko?) are great, but the sand falls a tad flat.

Yes, 'tis Aiko! Silly really, I end up using her for everything at the
moment. The main reason is that I'm only really interested in using Poser
figures to establish scale, and for a touch of the 'human presence'. I've
found good quality free body textures and hair for Aiko so I've stuck with
her for the time being.

Yah, the sand issue. Actually sand *can* look totally flat and textureless
under some conditions, but I agree it does lack a little something. On the
other hand, you recognised that it was sand quite readily! ;-)

I am continuing my experiments with a low-level view of the sphere.

Bill