POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere - Tea-Light : Re: CGSphere - Tea-Light Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere - Tea-Light
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 4 Jun 2007 13:05:01
Message: <web.4664462f6d68fc4bc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> Probably the best flame I've seen done in POV. I also love the overall
> lighting and the choice of colours. The wax looks a bit too liquid to me
> (I suppose the upper part is meant to be liquid, but the lower part
> looks so, too). I'm not sure what's the cause, probably it could be a
> bit darker.
>

> Keep up the good work!
> Florian

Thanks for the comments.  If anyone is interested, I can post the flame for
fiddling with (I may have already done so a while back, can't really
recall)

The wax has a relatively uniform density (scattering media).  I have fresnel
reflection set for it and it has a smooth surface which is tending to make
it look liquidy at the top I think.  I suppose I could've either added some
roughness to the top, or maybe varied the media density to coincide with a
liquid/solid transition.

-tgq