POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Resistance is futile ... : Re: Resistance is futile ... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Resistance is futile ...
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 31 May 2007 21:45:02
Message: <web.465f78f02667b8e757033b2e0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> I can't see anything. Ok, I can: A dozen or so dark-green random
> lines here and there on a black background, and some dark-grey dots.
> Nothing coherent, though.
>
>   How about bumping up lighting a bit? Or preferably a lot.

The original looks fine on my monitor (LCD), but here's one with lighting
turned up 3x.  In addition to the lights within the structure, it's
illuminated with:

light_source {
  <40,20,10>
  color rgb .75*<0.5,0.5,0.45>
  area_light
  <2, 0, 0> <0, 0, 2>
  8, 8
  adaptive 0
  jitter
  circular
  orient
  fade_power 2
  fade_distance 20
}

Looks like I forgot to increase fade_distance after moving the light back a
bit, but since it looked good on my screen I didn't notice before.  I used
assume_gamma 1.0.

Mike S.

PS - sorry about the file size on the first one - I meant to post the .jpg
version.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'borgcube2.jpg' (213 KB)