POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 : Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1
From: Kenneth
Date: 30 May 2007 15:55:01
Message: <web.465dd581d8d381748d7d00090@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> No gravity effect yet; that's probably obvious.  I *could* say that the explosion is
> at the "moment of detonation," before gravity and air resistance have had a
> chance to show themselves.  ;-)

It strikes me that air resistance is *already* showing itself--in that the
smoke trails are getting smaller as they proceed upward.  In effect, the
"lighter" or smaller particles of dust are being slowed down, while the
heavier parts are continuing on. I guess that's why real smoke trails have
that *look,* more or less.

KW