POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : bash: povray INPUT_PNG.png MY_INI.ini : bash: povray INPUT_PNG.png MY_INI.ini Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:32:52 EDT (-0400)
  bash: povray INPUT_PNG.png MY_INI.ini
From: gregjohn
Date: 30 May 2007 13:40:01
Message: <web.465db6613dbc0ce940d56c170@news.povray.org>
I am interested in running through bash a series of invocations of povray.
I would like to be able to use povray to "process" a series of PNG's.
Perhaps this is impossible; perhaps I need to have a unique INI for each
PNG where that PNG were declared as a variable; perhaps bash can do this in
a really slick way.

In other words, I'm currently doing:
i) For every PNG I am working with, create a different povray  file where
the PNG is referenced and used.  The stack of povray files are identical
save a bitmap input filename.
ii) Run every one of them one at a time in a Windows version of povray.

This is an inefficient approach.

Any tips on how bash in linux (or even the Windows version) could do this
more efficiently?