POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b
From: Stephen
Date: 29 May 2007 07:45:01
Message: <web.465c1130206256a8c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> It is a name that has been turning inside my head for some time. Iskander is
> the name for Alexander in the Middle East, especially in reference to
> Alexander the Great. As the series I have in mind is set in a mythic Middle
> East, the name seemed appropriate.

Thank you, I look forward to the series.

> Not really, I believe. All this work on the t-shirt took only a couple of
> hours or less, and that for a first experiment. The simulation in Poser
> takes some time of course, but if all goes well you end up with a posed
> image you are at liberty to use in POV-Ray as you want. In the end, I guess
> that we shall spend much more time in POV-Ray for scene building. Time spent
> in Poser is certainly worth it.

Time spent in Poser is certainly worth it. I guess since I do mostly
animations I spend more time there than you (at the moment)

> So, maybe those endcaps are created in a 3DS version? I never experimented
> much with that format as .obj seems to be more universal.

> I'm sorry. I should learn to explain better. The export of a conforming
> cloth (or a figure, for that matter) from Poser, shows the different meshes
> it is built from (pectorals, shoulders, neck... etc). So, the first action
> is to group/combine all those separate meshes into a single one, and
> join/merge the overlapping vertices of the original meshes. To answer Steve
> here: This cannot be done in Poseray I believe, as you have to group first
> the different constituent meshes. In the same action, the loose triangles
> that may also be present in the mesh are nicely joined to the whole.
> After this stage, as you say Stephen, you are left with a number of
> redundant faces which you can try to get rid of, or (if you do not intend to
> subdivide) just leave alone as they will not be visible in the end: they are
> located on the inside of the mesh.

When I used 3DS format the meshes are grouped and named (Head, neck etc.)

about that. When making SpinKick the animation would sometimes just stop or
leave the skirt behind. I felt, but could not prove, that some of the
redundant faces and polygons were intersecting the model.