POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 : Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 29 May 2007 03:35:01
Message: <web.465bd66ad8d3817432b06aea0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Any critiques and suggestions welcome.

OK, dude - here are my humble suggestions, both regarding the green death
rays: First, it might be cool to light up the inside of the raygun barrels.
It seems odd to me that there are beams of light coming out, but the inside
of the barrels themselves are dark. Maybe just a point light_source with a
fade_distance placed inside each barrel would do the trick. Second, the
beam coming in from the right seems to be hitting the leg of the Martian
tripod. Probably a result of how media works, but distracting nevertheless.

This is the coolest picture! It's great to see a completed scene with so
much detail. The time you've spent working on it really shows. Thanks for
sharing it!

Regards,
Dave