POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 : Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 May 2007 00:50:02
Message: <web.465bafe5d8d381745bd27f590@news.povray.org>
Lukas Winter <web### [at] removeitgeloeschtnet> wrote:
> Am Thu, 24 May 2007 21:13:52 -0400 schrieb Kenneth:
>
> I think its the abrupt border between the burning buildings and the
> ground. Perhaps some small rocks in the foreground or some fragments from
> the explosion flying towards the camera would also help.

Good suggestion.  You're right, that border does draw unwanted attention.
I'll add some obscuring details there.

At one point, I did have fragments flying more towards the camera--but they
ended up looking odd, like flaws, or like dirt on the camera lens, drawing
far too much attention to themselves. (They showed up in a very
high-contrast way, compared to the bright explosion.) But I'll try adding
*something* back in there. Perhaps a separate debris field with it's own
toned-down or partially transparent texture.

KW