POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 : Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1
From: Allen
Date: 25 May 2007 21:25:01
Message: <web.46578bf0d8d381743caf30860@news.povray.org>
Simply amazing Ken!  It seems to me that you have the code and physics
down... they work really well.  May I add some suggestions though?

As earlier stated, the lighting on the distant robot seems too blue.  With
all the explosions and burning buildings, one would expect there to be no
atmospheric bluing.

In light of the above stated fires, there isn't any smoke in the scene.
There should be lots of clouds of smoke around.  That shouldn't be too hard
to create since you already did the fire and explosion smoke.

There is not any debris on the ground.  Lots of stuff got blown up, but it
isn't on the ground.  Maybe add some of that to add a better quality to the
scene.

People would be nice, but they take some time to create... that would
reflect pop art and culture.

I also don't think that everything has been blown up... maybe add some
charred vehicles or crushed vehicles.

For the robots themselves... might I suggest chrome for the legs?  And maybe
a layer of dust from all the stuff they blew up.

Best,
Allen