POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 : Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 May 2007 13:05:02
Message: <web.465716eed8d38174f6e5c7ed0@news.povray.org>
"Dan Byers" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Pretty sweet!  I like the explosion & heat rays.  Maybe substitute red for
> the magenta on the war machines?  My opinion -- magenta doesn't look scary
> enough :)

Thanks to everone for the feedback so far!  It's just what I need.

The magenta faceplace is my *intepretation/guess* of the comic art; it's
hard to tell exactly what the artist had in mind there. The faceplace is
reflective--and somewhat magenta in color--but also looks kind of
mysterious and weird, as if to represent some kind of otherworldly, exotic
*stuff.* I thought about reddening it a bit, but didn't want to COMPLETELY
overwhelm the scene with reds and oranges. I'll take a more critical look
at it, though.

KW