POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 : Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 25 May 2007 10:45:01
Message: <web.4656f589d8d38174731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Amazing! The time and effort you've put into this shows through in its sheer
quality. The colours are great, vibrant 50s pulp bursts from the image, and
I agree, keep the magenta tripod 'eyes'! The reason the tripod in the
distance on the left looks a little weirdly lit is because it's standing
right over the fires, am I right? If so, keep it as it is, leisurely
examination will reveal this to the attentive viewer.

And that explosion! A superb piece of work. By all means make the smoke and
flame trails parabolic, but not too curved, the explosion does look 'young'
enough that the straight paths look fine. I think keeping them straight
would make it look more violent and destructive, too.

I honestly have nothing more to suggest... it looks as finished a piece of
work as I've ever seen :-)

Bill