POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5
From: Stephen
Date: 24 May 2007 08:20:02
Message: <web.465582862b96b31b3e3af320@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht
> >>
> > If the stripes are getting wider due to the material stretching you might
> > get unpredictable results.
>
> That is what happens in fact, as the mesh is stretched, thus stretching the
> map.

I thought that it looked like stretching. You will need to tweak the cloth
parameters. What does a square centimeter of cotton weigh?

> > Also in RL pantaloons have inserts and darts to give them the ballooned
> > shape. That would make stripes an unsuitable design unless you don't mind
> > break in the pattern.
>
> There are breaks anyway along the seams (which you don't really see in this
> particular image). In accordance with RL, I provided vertical seams along
> the front and back, and along the inner and outer sides, thus making four
> panels, that were then rotated and oriented as well as possible according to
> the stripe pattern. Inserts and darts would be difficult to simulate/model I
> believe.

Hmm, impressive! It is little things like that, that add to the look.
Thinking about it. It might not be too difficult using subdivision for

for someone else to do :-)

> Oh God! Dear old Rupert! Long time no see!!
> His trousers would also show stretching, but maybe less visible? I shall
> experiment.

Sad when you model things from your childhood.