POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5
From: Stephen
Date: 24 May 2007 08:10:01
Message: <web.46557ef32b96b31b3e3af320@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> He He!! Expert? Who knows? Anyway, I want to explore these avenues because
> of the complex stories I have in mind. And it is worthwhile to know
> 'everything' about the programs you are using, isn't it?  :-)

population is naked :-)
Maybe Janet might do the girlie thing, I bet she is a dab hand with the
pinking shears :-)

> I have to make the step between conforming and dynamic clothes yet. So I
> guess I first have to export one, edit it in Silo (or Wings), and import it
> again as dynamic clothing. Looks like an interesting experiment.

Careful, I did that at first and Poser made end caps that had to be removed.
For skirts the bottom end cap was located half way up the body. Giving the
OBJ an inside hem which I found very time consuming to delete. Without
retesting I think that it is better to convert the conforming clothes to
cloth in the Clothes Room. There are some restraints, I think that you

short term memory it was only a month or two ago :-)

> Yes indeed. I forgot that possibility to switch of the skin under the
> conforming clothes. That would solve the problem indeed.

Or remove it in a modeler.