POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zoey [wip 4] : Re: Zoey [wip 4] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zoey [wip 4]
From: Simon Adameit
Date: 21 May 2007 10:30:01
Message: <web.4651abf3c1e92d55dc664adb0@news.povray.org>
Hi Ricky!

Very cool dog you modeled there :)
And also good looking on the subsurface scattering, I didn't even notice the
mentioned flaws.

I would try to play with the ior setting to prevent the transparent
appereance. You can try some (unreasonable) values between negative and
positive upto 3 or so, and see how it feels. The point is, this can make
the ray take a much longer journey through the object at the edges than ior
1, where it goes strait through. Also in this way you cant directly make out
that the object is transparent because of the refraction its more diffecult
to recognize the things shining through (they are visible at totally other
places). This can make the object look more hard or real I think.

Blessings,
Simon