POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zoey [wip 4] : Re: Zoey [wip 4] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zoey [wip 4]
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 May 2007 04:10:01
Message: <web.46515259c1e92d55104733ea0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <rre### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> So this is Zoey the gelatinous dog.  It's just scattering media, but the
> obvious problem is transparency rather than translucency.  The lines in the
> dog are the interior contours, as far as I know.  Obviously the whole eye
> shows through too. ...

I could be way off base here with this suggestion, since I don't know how
many separate parts there are to Zoey the dog. But I've run into
sort-of-similar problems myself, trying to eliminate rear surfaces on
translucent objects.  But the idea would be to add an interior_texture
{rgbt 1} to each and every part. This effectively eliminates "rear
surfaces" on the objects (by making them invisible or transparent to the
camera.)  I don't know if this would work, though, by simply applying it
once to the entire dog object.

Just a thought. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Ken W.