POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wood screws, redux : Re: Wood screws, redux Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood screws, redux
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 May 2007 05:35:01
Message: <web.464acfdf4ef76416fe1be4c90@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> How about this one?

The plastic screwdriver handle is spot-on. Looks real (as do the screws, of
course.)

The screwdriver shank needs *something to reflect* on top, other than just
the screws on the side. Would definitely increase the reality factor there.

The rust spots on the screws can be improved, I believe, by reducing the
pigment's fade-to-transparency distance (tightening up the spots), and
adding a grainy normal there--micronormals, I suppose. Just to the rust.

KW