POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Janet
Date: 16 May 2007 00:30:02
Message: <web.464a884c37a6b4512b0e7ce80@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht
> > Dang, those spots by his eyes come and go and come again with a vengence!!
> > Its a very strange thing. Did you ever try taking the normal statement out
> > of the Head__fullspec and Head__dull?
> >

> I hate this.
> The spots are to stay whatever I do:
> - Normal statement on/off: no difference
> - Changing facial expression back to standard: no difference
> - Hat on/off: no difference
> - using a different head map: no difference
>
> I leave this alone for the time being. Maybe something will show up later.
>
> Thomas

Ah well, there are ways around it. The only other thing you might try is
lowering the gloss (which I think translates to specular?) on the eye
materials.

But what I really wanted to say is thanks for a little inspiration. :) I am
playing in the cloth room!! And getting much better results after going
through some tutorials. The cloth looks cool with a little transparency
added (oh, not cool for Clive, though, he's too manly! - lol) One thing I
have noticed is the resolution of the mesh can make a BIG difference in the
quality of the cloth simulation. Anyway, have fun and I look forward to
seeing what you do next.

Janet