POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zoey [wip 4] : Zoey [wip 4] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Zoey [wip 4]
From: triple r
Date: 15 May 2007 05:45:02
Message: <web.46497fe5a25863da401324710@news.povray.org>
So this is Zoey the gelatinous dog.  It's just scattering media, but the
obvious problem is transparency rather than translucency.  The lines in the
dog are the interior contours, as far as I know.  Obviously the whole eye
shows through too.  I tried this in Blender and the subsurface scattering
doesn't produce these undesireable results, but obviously Blender is a
completely different type of renderer.  Is there a better way to go about
this?  Furthermore, is there a way to make the media 'show through' the
texture rather than use a transparent texture?  It seems scattering media
produces great results for simple convex shapes, but dogs...

 - Ricky

Oh, and here's the details:

object{zoey11
 uv_mapping
 material{
  texture{
   aoi campoint
   texture_map{
    [0.0 zoeytex1]
    [thresh zoeytex1]
    [thresh+0.075 zoeytex2]
    [1.0 zoeytex2]
   }
  }
  interior  { ior 1.0
     media
     {
       scattering {5, rgb <.7,.9,1>*60 extinction 0.5 eccentricity .3}
       intervals 1
       samples 15
       method 3
     }