POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloudscape experiment. : Cloudscape experiment. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Cloudscape experiment.
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 15 May 2007 04:15:02
Message: <web.46496bd58b4e344ab227a3bb0@news.povray.org>
Hello folks!

Experimenting lately with atmospheres and clouscapes, I got this render
quite satisfactory, though you can notice some little under-sampling
artifacts. Instead of faking the Nature, I tried to follow the laws of
physics and let them do the job.

The ground is basic and has a white pigment. The light is white. This render
does not use radiosity, thus all turns very red, but it is a normal
behaviour. With radiosity, I guess the red color coming from the white sun
(after Rayleigh scattering of the atmosphre) would participate less to
illumination, and the lighting of objects would be more realistic. I'll
experiment soon with radiosity on those scenes.

Comments welcome.

    Bruno

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: