POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wood screws, slight improvement : Re: Wood screws, slight improvement Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood screws, slight improvement
From: Kenneth
Date: 15 May 2007 01:35:02
Message: <web.46494432b48a0f827eccc0ee0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Changes are only minor, but perhaps the image is now slightly better:

A beauty.

I agree with the previous post:  They do look like drywall screws--same
helix and oh-so-sharp tip.  (Nice modeling.) In which case they should have
a Phillips-type slot--a cross, that is.  I don't think drywall screws come
with a straight slotted head (?).

I notice that the wood surface has a variable sheen, depending on the grain.
Nice touch. Some actual grain indentations would give it even more reality,
especially in such a close-up view (unless it's just "printed" Formica
laminate!)

Ken W.