POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zoey [wip 3] : Re: Zoey [wip 3] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zoey [wip 3]
From: triple r
Date: 13 May 2007 18:25:01
Message: <web.46478f1e8ea8bb92401324710@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:

> This is a really great model, one of the best animal models I have seen
> rendered in POV. Makes me wish I had the patience to sit and learn either
> Wings or Blender you just can't do organic shapes with CSG. Adding hair
> would be great if you can get it looking realistic, although the texture
> looks pretty good as it is (apart from the front legs which look a bit too
> shiny).

There are lots of tutorials out there, although many are not specific to
Wings3d.  These are just a couple examples which were similar to one I went
through.  I just started with a box, cut it in half, turned on a virtual
mirror, formed the general shape, and then added detail.  It takes time to
get a good model, but it really doesn't take much time to learn.  CSG sure
has its advantages too but you're right about the organic shapes.

http://www.thehobbitguy.com/tutorials/polymodeling/index.html

http://www.southerngfx.co.uk/general/tutorials/21-silohead/tutorial.htm

 - Ricky