POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zoey [wip 3] : Re: Zoey [wip 3] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zoey [wip 3]
From: s day
Date: 13 May 2007 17:10:02
Message: <web.46477e7f8ea8bb9243dc6a1f0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <rre### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Lets see...  completely reworked the head, re-uv-mapped and re-textured from
> scratch, looked at lots of whippet photos.  It's not the most flattering
> camera angle, but if I'm trying to create a model rather than an image, the
> one that shows the flaws is better.  Next on the list is to fix up the paws,
> ears, and maybe even add hair.  The only hair now is noise in GIMP with a
> little motion blur.
>
>  - Ricky

This is a really great model, one of the best animal models I have seen
rendered in POV. Makes me wish I had the patience to sit and learn either
Wings or Blender you just can't do organic shapes with CSG. Adding hair
would be great if you can get it looking realistic, although the texture
looks pretty good as it is (apart from the front legs which look a bit too
shiny).

Great work.

Sean