POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Less is more? Or just less? : Re: Less is more? Or just less? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Less is more? Or just less?
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 13 May 2007 12:35:02
Message: <web.46473e26dc8ac3996d4565230@news.povray.org>
"scam" <sca### [at] mailusydeduau> wrote:
> I tried to do one of those minimalist images, but I'm not sure if I ended up
> with less or more.

"scam" <sca### [at] mailusydeduau> wrote:
> I tried to do one of those minimalist images, but I'm not sure if I ended up
> with less or more.

Images are interpreted subjectively and in a specific context on top of
that.  Personally, I like the image.  It has a calm, peaceful ambiance
about it.  Like a previous commenter, I think it could make an interesting
desktop image.  Increasing the contrast range with phong highlights or
deeper shadows would make the image more suitable to some uses and tastes
and less appropriate for others.  One possible path for development that
comes to mind is to transform it into a single cycle animated gif where the

dismiss this image as being unworthy of use or further work if you happen
to like it yourself.

Regards,
Mike C.