POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zoey [wip 2] : Re: Zoey [wip 2] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zoey [wip 2]
From: triple r
Date: 8 May 2007 14:30:02
Message: <web.4640c1a697b38ad3efa9f3280@news.povray.org>
"kike" <dry### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Great job and incredibly fast...
> Perhaps you can work a bit more with mapping to simulate the short hair of
> the dog, but I know it is not easy. Long ago I tried to model a horse and
> it was impossible both for modelling and mapping. Now I'm working in a
> human's face (mine) http://personales.ya.com/robertoullan/

Yeah, I saw it but I don't feel I can critique it without insulting you...
Really though it looks good, but it's just sort of a floating face.  Faces
are much harder since we're so much more wired to notice any
irregularities.  Uncanny valley is more of a gaping canyon for humans.  I
hope you'll continue with ears, hair, a neck, and such since it's looking
very good so far.

 - Ricky