POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with area lights and transform{}? : Re: Problem with area lights and transform{}? Server Time
4 May 2024 08:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with area lights and transform{}?
From: nemesis
Date: 3 May 2007 15:20:01
Message: <web.463a353e1a0c1e53773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
"Mike Andrews" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Can anyone think of a work around or is it a show-stopper for what I was trying
> to achieve?

If your intention is to have something like:

#declare tr1 = transform {rotate -90*x translate <0,2,0>}

light_source { foo transform { tr1 } }

Then you can accomplish the same by using a macro rather than a declare:

#macro tr1() rotate -90*x translate <0,2,0> #end

light_source { foo tr1()  }

It's even shorter and reuses previous values just like in a declare. :)

Of course, a general matrix transform won't work while the bug isn't
corrected...