POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Light Chip v2 : Re: Light Chip v2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:08:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light Chip v2
From: scam
Date: 2 May 2007 19:50:01
Message: <web.46392385e89cbe675897f1740@news.povray.org>
"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote:
> I like this image a lot. Changing background made a positive difference as
> well. Maybe the "cudos"-tag should have some plastic finish on it? If it's
> meant to be like a sticker or something...
>
> Anyways, i think it's cool! Nice job.

Thanks for the feedback, attracting attention to the label is a good idea,
and a plastic finish would help. Hopefully it's not obvious, but the
everything on the chip itself has a diffuse value of 0 to speed up the
rendering for the animation. I keep forgetting I don't need to keep things
simple for this still.

"somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> "scam" <sca### [at] mailusydeduau> wrote
>
> Nice, but why would a "light chip" glow? If light is seeping out, there's
> probably something wrong...

Spot on of course, but I'm aiming for a visually interesting
image/animation. The pulses are visible so that the functional elements of
the chip can be seen to do something in the animation.