POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : faces with Wings II : Re: faces with Wings II Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: faces with Wings II
From: kike
Date: 24 Apr 2007 13:45:01
Message: <web.462e412099c083cebe7bfb550@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> What do you do in Wings to export the projection?  I can't seem to find it.

In the Wings version I have (which I think it is a bit old) you have to
select your model as a body (not verts, edges or faces) and then press
right button and in the menu UVmapping. Then it appears a new window with
the body you selected. You have to divide your volume at least in two parts
(by faces) and then tell him to do an unfolding or a proyection. I guess
unfolding is the best choice if you are a good mapper. If not, do what I
do, select proyection, it conserves moreless the figure of your volume and
mapping is quite more instinctive.

As I have told you I'm starting with this so probably in a few days you will
be the teacher and I will be the student. I now a guy (my mate in our web
page http://personales.ya.com/robertoullan/ ) who knows a lot about
mapping. But until now he has mapped several cars and a plane. So all that
I know about this is taken from him.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pres1.jpg' (82 KB)