POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : faces with Wings II : Re: faces with Wings II Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: faces with Wings II
From: kike
Date: 24 Apr 2007 09:10:02
Message: <web.462e019d99c083cebe7bfb550@news.povray.org>
> The mapping looks really good, really.  I've never figured out how that's
> done, myself.  Are you creating the map yourself, and if so, how do you do
> it?
>
> -- Kirk

Well, mapping techniques are quite new for me aswell. The idea is that once
you have finished your model (the head in this case) you can generate a
proyection of it. Wings exports this proyection in a targa file and you can
paint on it. What I do is both to paint and to clone (copy-paste) parts of
my own head (of photographs :-P). But as I tell you this is quite new for
me aswell.