POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just another Parthenon ;) : Re: Just another Parthenon ;) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just another Parthenon ;)
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 22 Apr 2007 07:50:01
Message: <web.462b4b5ba7d3e99043f28d40@news.povray.org>
"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote:
> Yes, it's a Parthenon temple. Just because I like it.
> No textures yet, just radiosity and a point light. Some post processing, not
> sure if it was an improvement though...

Looks great!  I look forward to seeing it when its finished!

> The figures at the roof side is quite funny. I started working from the
> bottom and upwards. Reaching the figures I very quickly realised that
> modelling all those statues would exeed my skills and become ten times more
> complicated than the actual building itself. So what to do?
>
> Downloaded the ancient greek dingbats font from dafont.com, arranged some
> types in PS, added a filtered blurred layer. And then made it a image_map.
> Not a great solution, but it beats total lack of anything for sure. :)
>
> //RusHHouR

Hmmm, that's a tricky one.  You might try finding a picture of the parthenon
carvings and mess with it for a while in a photo-editor, and see if you can
get it to look decent as a heightfield. Of course, you could always just try
using the photo as an image map.

-- Kirk