POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just another Parthenon ;) : Just another Parthenon ;) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:52 EDT (-0400)
  Just another Parthenon ;)
From: RusHHouR
Date: 22 Apr 2007 07:15:01
Message: <web.462b43705d4e636c47d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
Yes, it's a Parthenon temple. Just because I like it.
No textures yet, just radiosity and a point light. Some post processing, not
sure if it was an improvement though...

The figures at the roof side is quite funny. I started working from the
bottom and upwards. Reaching the figures I very quickly realised that
modelling all those statues would exeed my skills and become ten times more
complicated than the actual building itself. So what to do?

Downloaded the ancient greek dingbats font from dafont.com, arranged some
types in PS, added a filtered blurred layer. And then made it a image_map.
Not a great solution, but it beats total lack of anything for sure. :)

//RusHHouR

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'parthenon.jpg' (261 KB)