POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Website Update : Re: Website Update Server Time
3 May 2024 14:53:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Website Update
From: stm31415
Date: 21 Apr 2007 11:05:02
Message: <web.462a27f6f73787ddfc02165f0@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithYcom> wrote:
> I fully agree with Shay's analysis of there being a problem.
>
> The solution I came up with for the first shortest code contest was to have
> folks rank their favorite six entries. That way the 0 vs 20 scenario was
> out.

Yeah, this method is so much cleaner --- and lets you concentrate on
commenting, rather than trying to wiggle the scores into a ranking you
like. I use a top five ranking on meetsoup.com, but it's the same concept.
(Actually, I wanted to go all out to instant runoffs, but that seemed a
little much)

-Sam