POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first image : Re: My first image Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first image
From: Allan
Date: 19 Apr 2007 17:50:01
Message: <web.4627e3d55a5ad4f6a80fd4bb0@news.povray.org>
Stephen,

Thank you for the reply and kind words!

> No it's not that bad but it has been added to a 2005 thread so it's been
> overlooked.

Not sure how it was added to a 2005 thread.  Do computers make mistakes?
:-)

> I'm glad you posted again because I like this. IIRC the original had bigger
> shadows but this is better than the original IMHO.

IMHO the original is better because it was an original idea.  You can see
the original photograph here:

http://www.soulcatcherstudio.com/exhibitions/bernhard_99th/lifesavers.html

My shadows are about the same size and angle but my "camera" is slightly
lower so that I can get more Lifesavers in the view.  I am not satisfied
with the texture of my plain, too smooth and not enough contrast variation.

I plan on posting the source and a link to the 3000x2400 pixel version after
I twiddle with it some more.

-Allan
allan <at> WholeCheese <dot> com