POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Where are the error messages? : Re: Where are the error messages? Server Time
4 May 2024 19:07:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are the error messages?
From: Steely
Date: 15 Apr 2007 14:20:02
Message: <web.46226b4b7c49d4a5594e4f8f0@news.povray.org>
Moin, moin, Thorsten!

As always, I am thankfull for your help, but not happy about the
presumptions ;-)

> The error message is clear and simple: Your scene is defective.

No, it is not. I have dozens of objects in the scene, each textured the same
way. None of them but one results in this error message.

> Fix your scene by nesting
> fewer textures and you are done.

while-loop. However, the loop itself is ok.

To avoid looking like a complete idiot (which I am sometimes, of course;-)):
- the scene is perfectly fine
- the texturing is perfectly fine
- the loop is perfectly fine
- when placing the object in question (a tree) outside the loop, the scene
renders perfectly fine
- when placing another object, for example simple spheres, inside the loop
(instead of the trees) the scene renders perfectly fine

So, my conclusion is:
If the program gives an error message about nested textures, where no

S.