POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another cgsphere wip : Another cgsphere wip Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:07:13 EDT (-0400)
  Another cgsphere wip
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Apr 2007 10:40:02
Message: <web.461cf21336d7e0c11b04b8bf0@news.povray.org>
Alongisde working on a 'before-and-after' image, I've also found time to
develop another CGSphere idea. It's got sufficiently pretty to post, so
here it is!

This rendered in 1.5 hours on my macbook, thanks to the use of my mesh-based
textured-brick macro (which I'll also post properly at some point in the
near future). The bricks are selected at random from a small array of
predefined bricks and rotated randomly to increase their apparent
diversity. The macro arose from my dissatisfaction with the render speed of
normals with radiosity, and the fact that I never worked out how to make a
rounded box with isosurfaces.

I think I'll be adding some loose bricks to add to the entropy, then maybe
some patches of sand on the floor and possibly a small human looking up at
it.

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: