POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ribosome : Re: Ribosome Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ribosome
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 11 Apr 2007 06:45:01
Message: <web.461cbb5ff7cf18c685de7b680@news.povray.org>
"Greg Williams" <gre### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> In the Mac version of POV ray, under Edit/Render settings there is a Quality
> panel that has a slider that runs from low (1) to high (9). I read in the
> manual that the Quality of the render canbe set as high as 11, but I
> haven't figured out how to do it.

Quality settings 10 and 11 are currently reserved, and map back to level 9.
Don't worry about it.  :-)

> POV Ray is hard! I've been using Cinema 4D for a couple of years, but I have
> to use a VRML export from Visualizer to get the files inot C4D, and it's not
> a very good export. I've just started learning POV Ray. I have  LONG way to
> goo.

As a ray tracer, POV-Ray is fundamentally different from most graphics
software.  In addition, as you read in the manual, POV-Ray is created by
Unixheads who did not design it as a modeller.  Many POVers use a separate
modeller (such as Wings 3D) and then render with POV.