POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP CGSphere entry: seed : Re: WIP CGSphere entry: seed Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP CGSphere entry: seed
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 23 Mar 2007 15:00:01
Message: <web.4604312b5a502ad6c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
> I really like this image .... great work. I've not done a CGSphere entry but
> I did look at the rules awhile back and was wondering if you noticed in the
> rules that the grid plane shouldn't be modified? Please don't take offence
> at me pointing this out. I'd just hate to see a great piece get rejected for
> a simple rule violation. My bad if I read the rules wrong.
>
> Jim

Guess I should have read the other posts before I posted.
Regarding the treatment of this: in my experience, I don't recall images
getting rejected because of this (there are several that ignore this rule
among the top rated images if you take a look), however some people may
vote down a bit because of it while others won't  While I am stickler for
the rule when creating my scenes, I don't tend too let it weigh too much on
my perception of others, the sphere size/location rule is much more
important to me.

-tgq