POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A 3D image : A 3D image Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  A 3D image
From: sahraoui
Date: 22 Mar 2007 18:20:01
Message: <web.46030efcafb675cb439ba8f00@news.povray.org>
Hi

I am trying to draw the following thing:
A lipid membrane but some lipid molecules are connected by helices or
springs.
I tried to do it but it is not impressive. If anyone tried this before (it
seems tedious)
could he share his code with me and I will mention his name in my paper.
Basically it is made of many sheets (like a cloth . gray let's say)
every cloth has lipids molecule attached to it. and the top layer made of
lipids
connected by springs. not periodically but randomly.

I am attaching an image done with povray but by someone else (it is in
grayscale) and another image
which shows the cut of the membranes with the lipids shown in blue. I cannot
attach two files. I will send another email  later with the other
attachment.

ciao

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dubus-fournier_epl_75_181.jpg' (86 KB)

Preview of image 'dubus-fournier_epl_75_181.jpg'
dubus-fournier_epl_75_181.jpg