POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : truncated spheres : Re: truncated spheres Server Time
1 May 2024 02:34:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: truncated spheres
From: dragonmage
Date: 20 Mar 2007 23:30:02
Message: <web.4600b3bb42d0a127add0a3280@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> dragonmage wrote:
> > No - they were all guesses, and some were contradicted by others.
> > This group looks more appropriate for questions on code so I posted here.
>
> Thorsten is one of the main developers of POV-Ray, so you should trust
> his answer.  My answer was a guess, of course.
>
> ...Chambers

Well I apologise if I offended anyone - no offence intended.
I didn't see a "Thorsten" on the truncated spheres thread.
I don't question ppls experience/knowledge but there has been no
definitive answer so far.

What *I* know is that the cause is the low resolution of space in the region
the scene was transported to.

What I would like to understand is how the sphere rendering was specifically
affected. It appears to affect parts of the spheres in quadrants with neat
180 degree or 90degree "slices", not random clipping or tearing. But it is
probably unreasonable to expect someone to know offhand - I just hoped
someone would have insight into this.

chris