POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere - FRAG : Re: CGSphere - FRAG Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere - FRAG
From: Grassblade
Date: 18 Mar 2007 16:25:02
Message: <web.45fdad187e8a822b8399fb9f0@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> Fifteen days and only one comment?  Thanks Michael for replying.
>
> Anyway, I added a sun and sky using Lightsys IV, worked on the sand a little and
added a palm tree
> from a macro I wrote a while back for the shadow.  I was going to do more, but I've
become a little
> disinterested in the image.  Actually, I spent a while modeling a small plant for
the scene, but
> didn't like it and trashed it in the end.
>
> The final image is now posted at CGSphere, titled "Trbl-n-Pdse" for "Trouble in
Paradise".  The
> title is limited to fifteen characters, hence the cropped name.
>

> Kyle
Well, I guess everyone's jaw dropped. Mine certainly did. The grenade is
perfect, as far as I can tell. The only thing I find to pick is the sand:
so close you should be able to distinguish single grains, instead it looks
like it's some sort of goo.
The tree shadow is great too, but it totally kills the pic, IMHO. Because of
it, making out the details becomes very hard. I would move or alter the
shadow so that it leaves the grenade in the sun. The shades combined with
the focal blur have also the side effect of making the sand that's in the
sun look even more goo-like.
As it is, I prefer the first pic.