POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My Name Via Photon Reflections : My Name Via Photon Reflections Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  My Name Via Photon Reflections
From: Thom
Date: 16 Mar 2007 11:55:02
Message: <web.45facab270ec402d5a79f7260@news.povray.org>
I'm on spring break this week, so rather than working on my capstone
project, I decided to try my hand at POVRay.  I went through a few
tutorials, and then set off to create a first image.  Its nowhere near the
quality of work that I see people around here doing, but I had fun
nonetheless.  The Milky Way background was photoshopped in after the
render, from a picture I took from NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day
Archive (http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html)

A larger PNG can be found at
http://thom-patterson.com/other/Thom_Trace_photoshopped.png (1.1MB)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'thom_trace_photoshopped.jpg' (40 KB)

Preview of image 'thom_trace_photoshopped.jpg'
thom_trace_photoshopped.jpg