POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Discovery 2001/2010 model final : Re: Discovery 2001/2010 model final Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Discovery 2001/2010 model final
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Mar 2007 01:15:01
Message: <web.45f6408ba9e1026c5cbfbb400@news.povray.org>
> Phew. Finally finished it, and here it is! It's mainly painstaking CSG,
> plenty of macros and loops, but there's also a couple of meshes in there
> too.
>
> Over the weekend I can start to play with it in my CGSphere scene. I don't
> think the detail's high enough to be able to use the crew section as the
> actual central sphere but we'll see.

That's downright beautiful. I can certainly appreciate the modeling effort
you put in.

2001's ships are rather iconic for me. I saw the film when it was originally
released, in all its Cinerama glory. Still remember the experience. Kind of
feel sorry for those who never had a chance to see it that way! Alas, it
was during the waning days of Cinerama...

Care to try your hand at the space station?  :-)

Ken W.