POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere entry: Iosphere : Re: CGSphere entry: Iosphere Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere entry: Iosphere
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 12 Mar 2007 10:10:01
Message: <web.45f56ccfa641c151f5fba6ef0@news.povray.org>
> Here's a cgsphere entry I'm finally happy with. Before submitting it I
> thought I'd post it here to see what people thought of it... In the end I
> left the monolith out, a) because it was really difficult getting it to
> look good, and b) because it didn't really fit with the conjunction of
> spheres that this image produces.
>
> Anyway, comments welcome, indeed positively invited.
>
> Bill

Nice one Bill!

Good modelling on the ship. Io's atmosphere is fine. Good idea of aligning
Jupiter, Io and the ship.

If I could dare some humble comments:

    . Jupiter radiates light (self albedo) and the surface in the shadow
should be more visible.
    . I would remove Jupiter's atmosphere (perhaps that would be a mistake
....) and increase a bit the contrast of the surface.
    . Like you, I don't see how the monolith could take place.

   Bruno