POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Viking Ship (WIP Update) : Re: Viking Ship (WIP Update) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Viking Ship (WIP Update)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 10 Mar 2007 02:05:01
Message: <web.45f257df116ccc2ecb6252d10@news.povray.org>
Wow, very impressive! The rigging detail is amazing... For now, I'm going to
keep using the official version of POV. I wish the cloth features had made
their way to the official version. I am curious, though, how difficult was
it to create your sails with Mega-POV?

The sail I'm using now is woven from thousands of "S"-shaped segments and I
can only figure out how to bend it in one dimension at a time. I'll
probably put it aside for a while and work on other things, and maybe I'll
think of a way to make it work.

Regards,
Dave