POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity and layers with transmit : Re: Radiosity and layers with transmit Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and layers with transmit
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 Mar 2007 05:20:00
Message: <web.45ed3f8acf27660a731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:
> Is it a normal radiosity side effect?
Is your dirt a layered texture? I think there's a separate max_trace_level
setting in the radiosity block which would need to be the same as the
global one. I haven't tried this, though, so I could be wrong...

This would also explain why transparent objects seem to block radiosity
for some people (there was a post to this effect recently).

> In order to illustrate, here is the cask used in my scene without and with
> radiosity. I also just noticed that specularity does not show.
Specular and phong highlights are calculated from light sources alone, I
think. If you removed the light sources and lit the scene using only
radiosity then this is to be expected.

I did notice the granularity in your original image, but I wasn't sure if it
was the desired effect or not!

Bill