POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another CGSphere WIP : Re: Yet another CGSphere WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another CGSphere WIP
From: s day
Date: 5 Mar 2007 12:15:00
Message: <web.45ec4f05e30fa46f79fdcb760@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> This looks good so far.  At one time I thought of doing a dandelion with a
> similar layout.  Perhaps you could hide or obscure the radial stems more or
> make them look less regular.  Addition of a butterfly or bee could be nice,
> but only if you can get a good quality model that doesn't detract from what
> you've already got.
>
> -tgq

Thanks, the stems are just rotated randomly which is causing them to bunch
together in places, I have not thought of a better method yet (Yet again I
regret falling asleep in maths classes..) I will certainly work on it and
still need to adjust the textures a bit. If/when I add a bee/butterfly (I
am favouring a bee at the moment) I will model it myself so of course it
will be very photorealistic ;-)

Sean