POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg) : Re: Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg) Server Time
8 Sep 2024 23:54:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg)
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Feb 2007 03:50:00
Message: <web.45e3efc5915720b9f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted.... I blame it on
> video game programming :)
>
> Anyhow.... This image was made to protest oil drilling in the Nigeria
> Delta region. There are some troubling things happening there at this
> time. Take a look at February's National Geographic or just search
> Google to find out more.
>
> The barrels are subpatch meshes and the rest are comprised or derived
> from image_maps. I know there are problems with this image, but it is
> going to be scaled down and included with other images for a small
> poster I will be distributing all over my area.
>
> Any comments and/or criticisms are appreciated!
>
> ~Sam

Hi Sam, long time no see.
I like the image and like the use of black and white. I wonder what it would
look like if the spillage was red for blood?
As for the message your protest poster conveys I see that you are following
conventional wisdom. I have worked in the River States of Nigeria for Total
(The French oil company) and have first hand experience of what it is like
there. The problem is not with what the oil companies do but the flagrant

have limited access to that news group. Here is a link to an Ex Pat site in
Nigeria if you are interested http://www.oyibosonline.com/

Strong image but a second thought is, how would it look if the barrels were
smaller and there were more of them?

Stephen