POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : A3dsViewer released: converts 3ds files to the pov-ray format : Re: A3dsViewer released: converts 3ds files to the pov-ray format Server Time
6 May 2024 12:58:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A3dsViewer released: converts 3ds files to the pov-ray format
From: Slider
Date: 18 Feb 2007 10:00:00
Message: <web.45d8692acb67175caec0a2210@news.povray.org>
>"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Interesting.  A few questions:
>1) Does it convert to mesh2?

yes

>2) Does it do smoothing?
yes

3) Is the output customizeable?  One of the problems I have with
> other converters (3DWin in particular) is that I can't get it to output the
> mesh without the texture block and references, requiring me to remove it by
> hand.
I have added settings dialog: menu: Export->POV-Ray output settings.
"Output textures" check box: gives possibility to disable texture
coordinates
and texture images output.
Also I have added for my self "Use last pov name" check box.
This check box allows
to export 3ds file to the last used POV-Ray file name with one click on
export
button (no save dialog launched). I use this to do testing with many 3ds
files
and having only one pov file opened in the pov-ray.

Regards,
Tomas